Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Article #9

In this about implementing the Xbox 360 Kinect into the classroom.  I like having the engagement of the students by using new technology but I do not like how technology can take over the importance of the classroom teacher.  The more we use technology in a classroom to teach lessons, the more we hurt our job security.  The teacher needs to be the most important part of the teaching process.  Teachers need to create engaging lessons and connect with the students, not a video game.

I would still use something like the Kinect lessons, but not on a daily basis. The thing I like the most about the article is that they provided the Common Core Standards that correlate with the Kinect activities. Another part of the article that I liked was that the Kinect could be used in multiple content areas.   

No comments:

Post a Comment